It happens to the best of us. We think we like a guy, things are going great and then “poof” he’s gone never to be seen or heard from again.
No, he wasn’t murdered or in some serious car wreck. Please don’t waste your time worrying.
What’s happening is you’re officially being “ghosted.”
It sucks, yes.
Is there anything we can do about it?
So here are the DO’s and DON’TS to remember when you realize you’re being ghosted.
Here’s what NOT TO DO when you’re being ghosted:
- DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT CONTACT HIM. You will look crazy and obsessed- two things you may actually be, however, you cannot let him know this or he will for sure end up calling the authorities.
- DO NOT STALK HIS SOCIAL MEDIA OR WATCH HIS STORIES. If he’s ghosting you, this means he’s probably moved on to another girl. Don’t worry she’ll be ghosted by Casper in two weeks anyways, however, you don’t need to see him liking and commenting on this new fling’s page on social media. Honestly, unfollow him if you have the will power for that type of thing.
- DO NOT ACT UPSET. Don’t post a weird and cryptic song lyric on your story or go hiking by a sunset and say “life’s hard, ya know?” No, stop yourself. It’s over. Now rip the bandaid off, make yourself a drink and have some fun with your friends.
Here’s what to DO when you’re being ghosted:
- GO OUT. Meet someone new. Spend quality time with your friends. Try to do anything that will make you stop thinking about Casper the ghost.
- POST ABOUT YOU HAVING FUN. Make it seem like you’re unaffected by Casper the ghost and his actions. Go out, have fun, and make sure everyone knows about it. Hopefully this will show him that you didn’t really care that much either.
- REMAIN CALM. Don’t do anything crazy. Don’t contact his friends and see what’s going on. Don’t drive past his place and hope he sees you in your new outfit from Zara. The fact is he’s just not that into you or he’s like every other millennial guy and runs away as soon as something starts to feel like a commitment.
The thing that I’m about to say is not going to be fun to hear.
Okay, I’ll just say it.
When he ghosts you, it’s over. He’s over it and there’s nothing you can do about that.
Nothing you do or say or wear is going to change that. The games are over and it’s just time to accept that and move on. The quicker you realize that, the closer you are to real happiness and a Ryan Gosling fairy tale.
Okay, love you all.