So, it’s day two of our social experiment, #backonBumble- and I’m having a good time swiping!
I’ve even matched with some interesting guys.
One thing I’ve noticed, though, is these guys need serious help making their Bumble pages look good.
Here are some things I think would help guys get more matches on Bumble:
- No group pics!! If every one of your pictures is a group pic, I’m confused. I’m not going to play a guessing game. Automatic swipe left.
- Keep the bio super simple. Don’t try to be funny or cute. I don’t know you so I don’t get your humor if you’re trying to be funny.
- Take off the sunglasses! I can’t see your face! On that same note, if you have a hat on in every picture I’m questioning that too. What are you trying to hide.
- Smile. You may think the smolder is sexy (which yes it can be) but flash that Colgate smile and show some teeth. You’ll appear more approachable and dateable.
- Show some variety. If every picture is you flexing in the mirror at a gym I can’t take you seriously and you look like a total tool. If you have a dog let me see that instead…betches love dogs!
- Don’t lie about your age. If you say you’re 28 but look like you’re 50 you’re not fooling anyone and we’re already starting off this relationship with a bed of lies.
- Height matters. And so does weight. Super vain, I know. Make sure your pictures are recent because nobody wants to be fooled by a photo of you in your glory days to only find out later that you’re actually 20 lbs heavier.
- Check your grammar. Use spellcheck if you have to! If you don’t know the difference between your and you’re we might have a problem. JK, we def have a problem.
- Keep it PC. Yes, our beliefs make up who we are but putting politics and religion out there right away can come off a bit aggressive. Save it for another discussion down the road.
- Be yourself. Think of it as a job interview. You want to put your best foot forward and show a good, accurate depiction of yourself. Don’t put everything you think a girl would want to hear or see because that’s not truly you. If you’re looking for meaningful connections you have to put yourself out there without lying about things.
Who else has noticed these bad habits of guys on Bumble?! Let us know in the comments below!